“Non, Je ne regrette rien”
Haven’t been to the city of love yet? Why not cure those back to work blues with a little weekend trip to Paris.
How to get there?
There are up to 13 flights daily from Dublin to Paris in October. With Cassidy Travel you can spend three nights (thurs-sun) in Paris for less than €185 per person including flights and three nights accommodation.
How to get around?
Paris is a bustling city with many transport options ranging from car rental to the metro. Book a private transfer from the airport with a member of our team or else download Uber. Although taxis are not very expensive in Paris, another cheap alternative is taking the metro. You can purchase 10 tickets for €14.50.
Where to eat?
1. Sacré-Cœur – La Boîte aux Lettres is a hidden gem in Montmartre. Spend the morning soaking up the sights and art at the Sacré-Cœur and Place du Tertre before heading for a Parisian lunch here.
2. Saint Germain – Le Relais de l’entrecote is a must visit in Paris, especially if you like steak. You can’t reserve this restaurant so be prepared to queue but it is certainly an experience. This restaurant is famous for the no frills, no menu attitude but very happy and well-fed customers.
3. Montparnasse- Bistrotters, slightly off the beaten track this restaurant is home to some of the most authentic French cuisine you can imagine. Not to be missed by food lovers.
Where to drink?
1. Le Marais – If you like speakeasy bars Candelaria is not to be missed. A short walk from Places des Vosges this bar strays away from the typical French bar you might imagine. You make your way through a small taco shop before discovering this gem.
2. Le Marais – Le Perchoir Marais, although not the cheapest of watering holes in Paris it would be a shame not to hit up a rooftop bar to take in the stunning scenery and breathtaking views Paris has to offer.
3. Saint Germain – When in Paris, do as the Parisians do. Chez Georges is a tiny little cave where the wine and music flows. As the bar fills up people spread onto the street above and the atmosphere is fantastic.
What to see?
Paris is a city rich in culture and history and it would be a shame not to soak up some of the sights while there. We suggest spending one morning strolling around Le Marais, visit the Pompidou Museum and have a coffee in Places Des Vosges. The Batobus is a great way to explore the city as you take in all of the sights via the Seine. Head to Notre Dame and the Louvre before strolling up the Champs-Élysées to the Arc de Triomphe. Last but not least head to the Eiffel Tour as the evening lights come on.
Need help booking your trip to Paris? Check out www.cassidytravel.ie or call 0818-332500 to help you find the best travel options.
**All prices and fares are correct at time of publishing.**